Acme Supreme Juicerator 6001 was one of Acme’s juicer line-up that was able to stand the test of time. Now there are only three available Acme Juicers— the 5001, 6001 and the 7001. It’s one of the oldest juicer brands acquired by Waring in the 1980s. We’re not going to discuss history here so let’s get to the bottom line.
This centrifugal juicer goes head to head with Breville BJE200XL, both are compact juicing machines with an internal pulp collection system. Acme 6001’s commercial grade stainless steel juicing chamber sets it apart from its contender making it a more favorable choice.
This juice maker is equipped with a 550-watt motor that can go as fast as 3600 RPM. It can help you turn your fruits and vegetable into a fresh juice in a matter of seconds. Built to last, the base was fabricated using polycarbonate material while the juicing chamber and the cutting blade are all made of commercial grade stainless steel. Centrifugal force pushes the pulp to the filter lining around the juicing chamber which separates the juice from the pulp. This old mechanism predates all modern juicing machines but still prove to be efficient as evidenced by a drier pulp.
- Highly affordable
- All parts that touch your juice are made of stainless steel preventing contamination from plastic toxins such as BPA
- Juicing efficiency is more superior than modern centrifugal juicers
- Durable construction; the base is made of high-grade polycarbonate and the upper section is composed of commercial grade stainless steel
- The closed lid design prevents juice to spew out of the chamber and there’s no need for you to push your produce
- Compact design saves a lot of counter space
- Optional citrus attachment can convert this juice maker to a citrus extractor
- It comes with 5-year motor warranty
- Juice extracted from fast juicers has a limited shelf life of 24 hours due to oxidation
- Though 3600 RPM lessens the loud vibrating noise produced by a fast juicer, the sound is still unbearable compared to slow juicers
- Since Waring’s acquisition customers are reporting that the quality, durability and efficacy has reduced tremendously
- Some say that it can take hard produce that much
- Internal pulp collectors require you to stop whenever the juicing chamber gets filled with pulp. Juicing large volume of fruits and veggies can be a huge hassle.
Acme 6001 Features & Product Details
Is it Easy to Use?
This electric juicer doesn’t have many parts, to be exact there are only four parts that you’ll have to assemble and disassemble. If you are juicing in small quantities for your daily morning juice routine there will be no hassles. However, a setback can arise if you suddenly decide to juice in large volume. Pulps and residues are accumulated to internal bowl that requires periodical cleaning.
Is it Easy to Clean?
Without the filter lining, cleaning can be cumbersome. Ideally, you should stack up hundreds of this sheet if you are juicing on a daily basis using this home juicer. It’s a disposable piece of sheet that catches all the pulp. Not only does it help you separate the juice from your produce but it also prevents the pulp from sticking on the side of the juicing chamber, thus making cleanup easier.
All fast juicers produce the same yield and produce the same quality of juice which is a huge disappointment. Fast RPM sucks up a lot of air causing breakdown of enzymes and nutrients, the reason why juice can only last up to 24 hours. The longer you delay drinking your juice, the more nutrients you lose.
What Kinds of Produce Can Acme Supreme Juicerator Process?
This juice extractor is limited to juicing hard produce such as yakon, fennel, pepper, pumpkin, pineapple, sweet potato, pear, celery, watermelon, asparagus, apple, cauliflower, broccoli, garlic, cucumber, beets, cilantro, and carrots.
An optional citrus attachment will make it possible to process citrus fruits such as grapefruit, lime, tangerine, orange, lemon, and mandarin.
It’s not advisable for leafy greens, soft fruits, let alone almonds and soy beans.
|Juice Shelf Life||24 Hours|
|Chute Size||2 inch (rectangle)|
|Build||Stainless Steel & Plastic|
|Color||Silver & White|
|Warranty||1 year on parts|
5 years on motor
|Best for Juicing||Hard Produce & Citrus Fruits|
|Application||Home & Personal Use|
If your juicing routine consists of mainly hard produce and citrus fruits, Acme Supreme Juicerator 6001 is a great choice but that doesn’t mean that I’m recommending this juicer. If I was born earlier I would have considered this centrifugal juice extractor a remarkable machine. Fast forward to 2020, the design looks outdated and the internal pulp collector is a big no-no when purchasing a juicer.
In conclusion, I’ll take a pass on this old-school electric juicer. There are far better and newer high-speed juicers out there.