Super Angel 5500 All Stainless Steel Twin Gear Juicer is popularly known as the Rolls-Royce of juicing. The technology and workmanship behind this piece of equipment are remarkable. It goes over and beyond to help preserve all the nutrients in your juice. The casing and all the visible parts are made of surgical grade stainless steel. The two gears which extract your juice are constructed using antibacterial stainless steel. It rotates at low 82 RPM to minimize heat and oxidation. Last but not least, it is also equipped with a fan and cooling system. It keeps the temperature conducive for maximum nutrient retention.
Apart from the fact that this triturating juice extractor is high-tech, it’s also a multi-functional machine. It can process any type of produce, from hard and soft produce to citrus fruits, leafy greens, and nuts. Truly, you’ll get what you pay for with the Super Angel 5500.
- Super Angel is the only manufacturer that produces all stainless steel triturating juice extractors. All parts that come in contact with food doesn’t contain any plastic toxins, it’s 100% BPA free.
- Pyrex juice collector complements the stainless steel build of this cold press juicer
- Equipped with high tech cooling system to keep your juice fresh and nutritious
- Its three stage twin gear system allows maximum juice extraction efficiency producing the driest pulp, which means no wasted juice and more juice yield
- Engineered to perfection this juicing machine revolves at 82 RPM, the most ideal speed to prevent shock and heat build-up
- Since it’s very slow, it’s super quiet to operate
- Juice extracted from slow juicers can last up to 72 hours due to very minimal oxidation
- Because of the all-stainless steel construction juice extracted is richer in color and full-bodied in flavor.
- It can handle any type of produce
- Maintaining stainless steel kitchen equipment is easier than its plastic counterparts, it doesn’t get stained and it’s always dishwasher safe
- A 1.2-inch feeder tube requires chopping your produce into tiny bits
- At 82 RPM it will take you twice as much time to extract juice from your produce
- Overloading fruits and veggies can cause the twin gear system to get jammed
- It comes with a hefty price tag
Super Angel 5500 Features & Product Details
Is it Easy to Use?
If you’re buying this triturating juicing machine as an upgrade to your old centrifugal or masticating juicer, you need to read the manual carefully to prevent damaging this delicate machine. Though it looks tough, it can get damaged if not used properly. The dos and don’ts require some degree of familiarity but once you get used to it, it’s fairly easy to use.
You also need to have a lot of patience when using this electric juicer, as it’s possibly the slowest juice press in the market. The size of the feeding chute can only accommodate small pieces of fruits and veggies, preparing it will definitely take some time. Add the 82 RPM and I’m guessing it’s going to take a lot of time to extract juice from your produce.
Though it’s a little bit challenging to operate and slow, in the end, it’s the quality of juice that matters. I wouldn’t mind juicing for longer periods as long as I’m getting the maximum nutritional value out of my produce.
Is it Easy to Clean?
The short answer is yes. Super Angel 5500 doesn’t have huge parts like centrifugal juicers, plus all the detachable components can go into your dishwasher. The motor unit just needs a few wipes to achieve a brand new finish. There’s also a complimentary cleaning brush for the screen housing and the twin gears. There’s certainly no excuse for you to wash it up right away, leaving it dirty can harden the residue and cause mineral build up later on.
There’s no doubt that this juicer extracts the most nutrients and the most yield compared to other juicers. It’s top of the line when it comes to juice quality. 82 RPM, cooling system, all stainless steel parts, precision augers—all this come into play to produce the driest pulp and nutrient rich juice which can last up to 72 hours due to very minimal oxidation, that is perfect for a 3-day juice cleanse.
What Kinds of Produce Can Super Angel 5500 Juice?
This juice extractor can handle any type of produce from hard veggies, citrus fruits, leafy greens, nuts and beans.
Hard produce include garlic, ginger, sweet potato, bitter gourd, pumpkin, pepper, broccoli, cilantro, celery, cucumber, fennel, watermelon, coconut, carrots, yakon, pear, asparagus, pineapple, turmeric, apple, beets and cauliflower.
Citrus fruits like lemon, grapefruit, mandarin, orange, tangerine, lime and pomegranate.
With a gap as thin as a hairline it can efficiently process green leafy vegetables such as kale, lettuce, wheatgrass, pine tree needles, beet greens, brussels sprout, cabbage, collard greens, dandelion greens, romaine lettuce, spring onion, parsley, spinach, basil, peppermint and moringa.
Nuts and beans can also go through this juice-making machine. There are just certain procedures you need to follow to produce soy and almond milk. Raw almonds and soy are just too hard, it can break this precious juicer.
Soft fruits such as peach, tomato, grapes, papaya, kiwifruit, strawberry, cranberries, mango, avocado, melon and blackberry can be turned into a puree using the optional soft fruit attachment.
Optional accessories can turn your Super Angel Living Juice Extractor into a puree machine and grinder, the bad news is you’ll have to purchase it separately.
The soft fruits attachment is similar to the standard screen housing except that it has small holes to allow small amounts of pulp in the juice making it possible to create puree with soft fruits as I mentioned above.
The blank or the grinding housing can help you make tofu, nut butter and frozen fruit sorbet. The standard screen housing will also work but only for processing small quantities.
|Type||Twin Gear Juicer|
|Juice Quality||Very High|
|Juice Shelf Life||72 Hours|
|Motor||82 RPM, 3 horsepower|
|Chute Size||1.2 inch (round)|
|Build||All Stainless Steel|
|Best for Juicing||Soft & Hard Produce, Citrus Fruits, Leafy Greens, Nuts & Beans|
|Application||Home & Personal Use|
Super Angel 5500 All Stainless Steel Twin Gear Juicer is not for the faint-hearted, you’ll need to use it with precision and requires proper maintenance to keep it at its peak performance. To be honest, this is one of my favorite juice makers. There’s no reason not to buy it other than its price tag. It’s truly a premium juicer at a premium price.